Please Comment

Your input is important to me and I will accept any and all substantial comments, even if it's just to congratulate me on a well written post or let me know where I can improve! The only thing i don't want to see is spam!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The truth about Wii hackers



I know what you're thinking, I'm going to rant about how hackers screw people up and stuff, but that couldn't be further from the truth. My Youtube friend and one of the 4TB guys, Mr.BeanVR35000, arranged the 17th CTGP, a Grand Prix just for hackers. This Grand Prix is different from other online tournaments in that every track has been custom made. Yes, every track was developed not by some dude at Nintendo sitting behind a computer who probably will never play the game he's making, but by people like you and me, except for one difference - the courage to stand up to Nintendo's (completely illegal) control over what software can and can't be used on Nintendo systems.

As of this post, I have never hacked a Nintendo game (besides a few N64 titles, a bunch of Stage Studio Brawl stages, and one or two theme based hacked pokemon), but I have other reasons about why I haven't. The main reason is because I haven't the means, but that's besides the point. I'm approaching the issue of Wii hackers from a second person view, yet I am defending them like I'm one of them. Why would someone like me (someone who hasn't hacked a Wii) be defending people like them (people who Dr. HAX of Garry's Mod fame would throw computer monitors at if he had the chance)? Because I have seen the other side to hackers - the creative side.

I'm not saying I don't have a problem with hackers, people like EvilReba who abuse their powers and hack only to win can go and jump off a cliff, but I have seen what Nintendo doesn't want people to see, and I am now showing it to the world.

Watch the video and see for your self.

Keep an open mind and stick to common sense,

40KEndgame

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Sean McCartin, or 40KEndgame as he is known online as and perfers to be called on the internet, is a High School Senior with more than enough experience in science and engineering and a talent for debate and negotiations. He has also competed in two national level RC racing events, the most recent being the Futaba Nitro Challenge. On 7/28/2010, he caught a 7 foot Sailfish while fishing on a charter boat named the Whipsaw off the coast of Wrightsville Beach, NC.